Alert Tonight Alive Tomorrow
Alert Tonight Florida aims to increase awareness of pedestrians and bicyclists on roadways at night and other times of low light like dusk. This campaign seeks to engage the public through multiple statewide outreach activities and social media with the #AlertTonightFlorida and #CanYouSeeMeNow, as well as in coordination with Law Enforcement agencies. Remember to always wear bright reflective colors, Be Visible and Be Predictable, especially at night.
- Be visible. Walk in well-lit areas.
- Wear bright or reflective clothing. Be seen, Be safe.
- Assume drivers do not see you.
- Use a crosswalk. Push the button to activate the walk signal.
- Look left, right and left again before crossing the street.
- Turn on your front white light and red taillight at night. Red reflectors are also required.
- Stay visible. Choose well-lit bicycle routes.
- Wear a helmet always, the brighter the better.
- Bicycles on the road are vehicles.
- Obey all traffic signs, signals, and lane markings.
- Yield to traffic when appropriate. It’s better to be safe than “to be right.”
- Be alert! Pedestrians and bicyclists at night are not easily seen.
- Avoid distractions while driving; focus on the road.
- Always stop on red and watch out for pedestrians before making a right turn.
- Bicyclists are legal vehicles, move over when passing
- Slow down! Speed is a major cause of fatal crashes.