Walking Quick Tips:
- Always use sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Be visible. Wear bright, reflective colors on your clothes, shoes, belts, and wristbands.
- If no sidewalks are present, walk on the shoulder a safe distance from the travel lane, facing oncoming vehicles.
Biking Quick Tips:
- Always wear a helmet.
- Ride in the same direction of traffic on the street.
- Be visible, especially at night. Always use a white front light and a red rear light and reflector.
- Obey all traffic signs, signals, and markings.
Driving Quick Tips:
- Focus on the road.
- Avoid distractions while driving.
- Always watch for pedestrians.
- Slow down! Speed is the cause of 27% of all fatal crashes.
- Pass bicyclists safely. Allow a minimum of three feet between your vehicle and the bicyclist.
Day 2: October 20, 8:00am-12:00pm
FDOT Central Office
Burns Building Auditorium
605 Suwannee Street
Tallahassee, FL 32301
This meeting is open to the public and time will be reserved for public comment. If you are interested in attending, please notify Angela Kristiansen at Angela.Kristiansen@dot.state.fl.us so we can accommodate your attendance.
Make your Opinion Count
This survey asks questions about your opinion on pedestrian (someone who is walking) and bicycle safety, and your knowledge on traffic laws related to pedestrians and bicycles. We are using the replies to target our efforts on what needs to be addressed to increase pedestrian and bicycle safety and reduce crashes, injuries, and fatalities.